Myanmar Archaeology Association was founded on December 11.2013 by the alumni group of Archaeology. Myanmar Archaeology Association become certified official association at 2017. It was oriented to proceed the archaeological research works, protection and preservation of cultural heritage, educational purpose of cultural heritage knowledge and to make chance for the public to be able to participate in cultural heritage issues. Myanmar Archaeology Association was decided to be exist to fill the gap between NGOs, concerning cultural heritage issues and governmental sector including the academic institutions such as universities and schools. It will continue to proceed for the archaeological researches, field works and to support the public awareness to get further knowledge about cultural heritage and cultural heritage management.
- To assist the government in the national research projects on archaeology and also in preservation and protection of cultural heritage as an academic CSO
- To raise public awareness on nature of archaeological research and its benefits to be able to conduct further research on archaeology and also on preservation and protection of cultural heritage
- To help the public understand the role of the State, of scholars and experts and of the international community in state-level cultural preservation and protection in order for them to be able to participate in the processes thereof.
- To train new-generation archaeologists to meet the requirements of human resources in Myanmar
- To establish stronger and broader connection and cooperation from the grass-root level up to the state level in cultural preservation and protection processes.
- To undertake archaeological excavation, academic research and publication
- To raise public awareness of protection and preservation of cultural heritage
- To promote responsible tourism